Tuesday, November 24, 2009

On Fritz...


Still no word on what might be ailing Fritz, but the meds are having a pleasant effect. He's been much more active, though not nearly to young-dog levels. His appetite has returned nicely, which tells me his temperature is probably under control. We've had to cut short the past several morning Walkies because he just couldn't do it, but today he came along for a good one and behaved as if he was quite happy about it. He's still on light duty and heavy doses of canned food w/meds, of course, but I've caught him eating dry food for the first time in quite a while. So I have hope that what ails him is just a bad infection, as opposed to something fatal. But I'll be on pins and needles until I hear back from the vet.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Joel, I don't know what your situation is but I would like to donate anonymously to Fritz's medical bills. NO strings, NO nothing. Don't have a clue how this could be arranged to protect you to your satisfaction.

C.M. said...

Joel,

Could you contact me at the following e-mail address?

cattleman1@gmail.com


You and the boys take care now.

Joel said...

Thanks very, very much for the offer. It means a lot to me.

It's unnecessary at this time, (that could change) but I appreciate the offer enormously.

Anonymous said...

The offer stands. For all the dogs.

CaptGooch said...

Joel,
I truly wish I could offer the same as above but the reality is not so pleasant. So ... does personal concern count ?

I lost my "Best Friend" [subdivision Canine] in 1976 and I still miss him.

Will stay tuned for [hopefully] good news.

Stay Safe,

gooch