Sunday, February 21, 2010

Ghost gets a rival - but what is it?

So S&L came back to their property this weekend after an absence of a few weeks (S's new solar power business is really taking off - and taking time away from the Great Project. Ghost was excited to see his weekend parents, but there was a change. A betrayal! They'd gone and gotten themselves a ... uh...

The landlady was up for the weekend as well, and between us we spent time on a sort of live-action caption contest.

(Click) "You brought me a rat? No, thanks. I've got lots, and this one barks."

(Ghost) "It kind of smells like a dog, but I can't really get jealous because that can't be a dog.

(Little Bear) "Is it good to eat?"

(Beauty) "Does it, like, inflate to full size or something?"

(Me) "I can't take imperious behavior seriously in an animal I'm afraid of accidentally squashing."

(W) "Where's the wind-up key?"

I mean, seriously, it's cute and all. But S&L can only let it out on a leash at night for fear the owls will get it. Did you know you have to wash a Shih Tzu's face after it eats? It's got all that fur around its mouth and no muzzle.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Squeaky Toy!

Jac said...

Awww...

Great dogs, btw. And they can be surprisingly tough (seriously!). Give it enough time around the pack and see what happens.

The Grey Lady said...

Owls? My little 4 pounder yorkie mix sits at the back fence at night and barks back at the Coyotes, "come and get me I'm a snacky"

I didn't think I would like little minis after all the big dogs we have owned, but they..er... grow on ya.

Joel said...

GL, the owls around here eat large cats when they can catch them, and would cheerfully eat a Shih Tzu. And would probably find it easier to catch and subdue.

They are cute little things, if you can overlook the yapping, but I'd be afraid to own one out here. It'd just worry me to death any time it wasn't right in my lap.

The Grey Lady said...

We have large hawks in the back field, I have seen them scoop up squirrels and the like, So I guess they are a threat to the puppies too. I haven't seen or heard of any owls around. Now where we summer we have a cougar that the Ministry says does not exists in the area that worries me a wee bit, not so much for the just little dogs but the little kids.

AS for the Yapping? I agree they can be a bit much, I still haven't gotten that one under control. On the positive side mine are perfect alarm dogs, nothing stirs at night that I don't know about to the chagrin of the teens in the house. :)