Thursday, February 18, 2010

Okay!

I got back to the property safe last night, and was met in the driveway by W's two girl dogs. Everybody else waited patiently for rescue from Gitmo by friendly forces, but Beauty and Redgirl apparently made an early break for freedom. Judging by the rubble they made of my carefully-stacked line of rocks, I at least made them work for it but they found one big rock they could roll away to expose a narrow space between concrete blocks. Note to self - no more round rocks.

Before leaving on his trip, W had cleaned out his refrigerator and apparently left some aromatic goodies in the garbage that had been much on Little Bear's mind all day. While I was sorting out W's dogs for the night, LB disappeared and would not respond to repeated calls. All black, he can be hard to see at night when he doesn't want to be. I didn't think (dumb me) to check the garbage area, and when LB finally came back he was carrying half a brick of cream cheese in the apparent wan hope that I'd let him keep it. ("It followed me home!")

So all's well. I'm hoping all the upset won't inspire the dogs to new flights of ... flight, but only time will tell. Right now, since I took care of my shit-shoveling duties on Tuesday before all hell broke loose, I've got two days to get the combined packs in some sort of order, prepare for Landlady's arrival on Friday night or Saturday, and generally unwind. W left me some things I need to finish in the barn, but that's a couple hours' work at most.

Ah, home.

No comments: