Saturday, March 13, 2010

Honesty in government. I like it!

What Union Bosses Think
Oops. An Albany cop-union boss just let the protect-and-serve mask slip.

Albany Police Officers Union President Chris Mesley says that, regardless of the faltering economy, a no-raise new contract is unacceptable.

And to hell with the public.

"I'm not running a popularity contest here," Mesley said. "If I'm the bad guy to the average citizen . . . and their taxes have go up to cover my raise, I'm very sorry about that, but I have to look out for myself and my membership."

Mesley added: "As the president of the local, I will not accept 'zeroes.' If that means . . . ticking off some taxpayers, then so be it."

This brings a quote from Firefly to mind, because most things do.

"Well, I appreciate your honesty. Not, you know, a lot, but..."

Read also William Grigg's lengthier and more emotional take on it, here.

No comments: