Monday, April 5, 2010

Congratulations to M!

He got his sign-off from the building inspector this morning. Which, considering the, er, improvised nature of quite a lot of the infrastructure, really really says something about the building inspectors around here. But hey, he got it.

Windy, windy day today. We got the generator back under its canopy - it spent the weekend at M's dome, since he has most of the wiring in but no actual power source. Yesterday we figured out the complicated wiring buried in all the cement, and got one lamp to light. That was enough for the inspection, and then the inspector didn't even make M prove it. So we could have brought the genny back yesterday. W and I went to town, and I've spent the rest of the day indoors. I got a new plug on the heavy-duty extension cord we use to run the well pump, which it's needed for some time because the pump keeps blowing the 20-amp circuit breaker on the generator. You can run the damned thing for an hour and learn you haven't actually pumped any water into the cistern. Now I can plug the pump into the 30-amp side of the genny, which should do the trick. It worked for recharging the batteries, back when we still needed to do that regularly.

Speaking of staying indoors, I don't usually spend much time with webcomics because most are terrible and even when they're not they update so slowly it's pretty hard to keep interested. My only usual exception is Big Head Press, because most of that is Scott Bieser art and I'm a big fan of his work. But today I found something called U.N.A. Frontiers, by Monique Macnaughton, which in addition to being pretty darned good is also pretty darned extensive. I've basically wasted most of the day with it and I'm not half done.

But now I need to get to work on supper, because I promised W macaroni stuff and strawberry shortcake.

No comments: