Friday, May 14, 2010

Here's a first...

In an attempt to make it up to the boys for all the big-time walkies they haven't been getting, after chores this morning we went way back on the plateau before hooking up with a long canyon I've wanted to explore more. But every step you take in is another step you have to take out, and I've been slow healing from all the walking and carrying of the past month. So we'd pretty much just gotten into the canyon when I was ready to turn for home. And right about then, Ghost gave me an excuse.



Deer and elk lose antlers all the time, of course, in their thousands. But I never see them - I only find shards for the dogs to chew on. This is the first complete antler I've seen since coming here, and it's also a complete set. Not very impressive in the point count, but they're big enough for what I have in mind. I'm keeping these guys away from the dogs, because I've got decor ideas.



Little Bear pauses in his rooting for ground squirrels to say hi.

2 comments:

The Grey Lady said...

Decor ideas? A coat rack system of some sort? Man plus antlers plus decor ideas equals scary....but your a bachelor so thats cool...does this include an easy boy?

Joel said...

No Easy Boys will be harmed in the making of this decor item.

Trust me, GL, I've learned my lesson about letting my guy side take control when decorating. I'm running this idea past a few female acquaintances before proceeding, because it will be a bit ... obtrusive.