Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Milestone Reached!

With Claire's invaluable assistance, all the windows are now in The Secret Lair!




This is exciting, and also useful. I moved the windows up in the process because it was getting kinda grim working in that dark box - also hot and stuffy, which doesn't work well when you're installing insulation. But it just suddenly...I don't know, it suddenly looks like a house.

I knocked off early because Claire wants to go to town and I need some stuff, so I need to change my shirt and get moving. But I really just wanted to hang out and stare at it for a while. I paid $20 each for those three big windows and it seemed like an extravagance, because at the time I was determined to go with free/salvaged materials as much as possible. But technically they are salvaged, since this is their second house. And besides, in terms of light and ventilation they've made a huge difference inside.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good job sir. A little siding and some dessert camo paint should set you up right. Kevlar cloth in the insulation for stray rounds maybe?

Oh, isn't the ultimate answer to Kings a dutchess with VD?

CA

The Grey Lady said...

Congratualtions Joel, soon it will be move in time and then the lair warming party. :O)

M said...

Congrats - looks good!

Anonymous said...

Looks real good. Can't even see the ooops's

f42

Anonymous said...

With the price of windows today, $20 is as good as free! Half our house is windowed from the local architedtural salvage place. Warms my heart. And speaking of warming, are we invited to the housewarming?
K

John Venlet said...

Joel,

Nice Secret Lair. Appears it will provided all the protection from the elements you require.