Thursday, July 15, 2010

Oh, god. Ohgodohgodohgoooooddddd...

Okay: the story itself is quite pedestrian. I think I saw it on Say Uncle, but I wasn't even paying attention. Girl blows bubble on cop, is arrested for assault. Of course she was! She didn't respect his authoritah. If he let that stand, next thing it'd be dogs and cats living together; mass hysteria. Of course he arrested her.

I wasn't going to post about the story. Go to War On Guns and David Codrea will fill your head with more "Bad Cop No Donut" stories than it can hold without exploding. This is just another one.

But then I made a mistake. I made a horrible mistake. I read the comments.
Can you say BIO-Hazard? My I spit on you in the form of a “bubble” and contaminate you with various diseases? TB, hepatitis and others are easly transmitted. He warned her numerous times and she chose her own path. Just because she was a free spirit, jumping around without a care in the world, the cop has to worry about not only himself but his family. KUDOS to the cop.
And of course I expected the whole commenting world to descend on this guy for his rank, authoritah-kissing stupidity. Some did. Others rose to defend! There's a big frickin' argument about it!

Whadaya...even...SAY? Except that we are so doomed.

ETA: And ouch! So is this cop. Enjoy your new nickname, Adam (Bubbles) Josephs, Badge #731, who shouldn't have had a Facebook account.

2 comments:

Kevin Wilmeth said...

Joel, I think you now have something to say to the next person who can't understand how someone could get the sudden urge to bury himself in a bunker and just wait for "the right moron to push the wrong button". Most liberty people I seem to know are about as community-minded as they come (real community, wherein people deal with each other voluntarily, directly and respectfully), but damn, we all have limits...

This would all be so, so easy to simply ignore, if we could simply opt out without being murdered for it.

Officials cannot keep the peace. They can only prevent it.

The Grey Lady said...

Heh...Officer Bubbles has made one of the biggest papers in the country. Of course nothing can be investigated unless some poor schlep files a complaint.

http://www.thestar.com/news/gta/torontog20summit/article/836982--toronto-s-officer-bubbles-gains-web-notoriety