Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Yeah, that'd be a pretty good wake-up call...

He said, "I always thought you were an alarmist when you talked about being prepared for a shitstorm, but I was in Sam's Club a few weeks ago and I saw something that scared the bejeezus out of me."

"What was that?" I asked.

"I saw (NAME REDACTED) and he had one of those big flat-bottom carts stacked with big bags of rice, beans, salt, cases of canned meat and tuna, you name it."

"Who's (NAME REDACTED)?" I asked.

"He's my banker."

1 comment:

CorbinKale said...

We all live on Sipsey Street, in a way. I need to get some more rice, too. I thought 100 lbs would be a good stock to get us through some rough times. In 6 months, my son and I went through 25 lbs of rice. When I did the math on the 20 people I expect will be here in an emergency, I almost panicked.

6 months for 20 people is 250 lbs, and my son and I weren't eating rice everyday, either. Just occasional breakfasts and rice cooked in other meat dishes. Rice for 20 people for a year, would be a minumum of 500 lbs. I have to re-evaluate all my stocks now.