Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Paulo Update

Since somebody asked a few days ago, I'll tell you that Paulo is recovering nicely from his impromptu surgery. He's eating well, and surprisingly quickly coming back to his sweet self. Today while I was cleaning his paddock he was calm and friendly as can be, demanding affection and actually considering obedience when I demanded he get the hell out of the way.

H is starting to lightly work him in the round pen, and he's even taking that cheerfully. Hopefully she'll get her awesome saddle horse back from this disaster.

1 comment:

Plug Nickel Outfit said...

Back when I used to manage a group of western re-enactors I'd walked upon a gaggle of young women who were being 'entertained' by one of the re-enactors. He'd been going on about what a manly man he was, and recounting his manly deeds, etc..

When he walked away the ladies collectively rolled their eyes and had a subdued laugh. I made some attempt to make excuse for the performance and one of the ladies just looked me straight in the eye and said - "testosterone poisoning".