Wednesday, November 17, 2010

After a Very! Great! Deal! of digging...


I've got the barrels in place for the Lair's septic system. I had a terrible moment when I dug for the lower barrel and found it was so low that there was no way it would ever connect with the leach trench unless I could get feeelthy water to go uphill. Fortunately this was caused by Monsoon runoff digging the supply trench about twice as deep as it had originally been. So I went back, filled in and re-graded the pipe I'd already laid to the barrel pit. Then of course I had to fill in much of the pit I'd so laboriously dug and leveled, but I suppose an artiste must suffer for his art.

Helluva nice day for it, though. Of course I'm stuck on plumbing parts again, because I always seem to have a copious supply of everything I need except that one specific part. But these things work themselves out. I also finished the T&G paneling on the west wall, which means that at long last I can move the woodstove into the Lair. My neighbor J promised to give me a hand with that this week, and I've already got a call in to him. Progress!

1 comment:

MamaLiberty said...

You can actually cause liquids to run uphill sometimes, but I wouldn't recommend that technique with "filthy water" any more than I do with gasoline.

Congratulations on the progress. :)