Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Aaron Zelman, RIP

Via Claire's blog, I just learned the terrible news that Aaron Zelman of Jews for the Preservation of Firearms Ownership has died.

I did not know Mr. Zelman well. We never met and only spoke on the telephone a couple of times. I once had opportunity to write for JPFO but it didn't last long, and I subsequently learned that the freedomista world is littered with the bleached remains of former or would-be JPFO writers - Zelman wasn't the easiest man to please, or to get along with. And some of his decisions in terms of JPFO's direction were, well, quirky. Be that as it may - if Aaron Zelman ever compromised a belief or principle, I never saw it. He was as brave and outspoken as a man can be for the cause he believed in, and the world is a far poorer place for having lost him.

Rest in Peace.

No comments: