Saturday, December 11, 2010

QoD - "What you need to be important" edition

From Tam, that aphorism-coining machine...
This is the estranged wife of a one-term senator from a small state, a one-term senator whose main claim to fame in this world, other than being a philandering cad who never should have left the back cover of the phone book for a political career, was that he got stomped to a paste as a vice-presidential candidate despite running against the weakest GOP ticket since WWII that didn't have Bob Dole on it in some capacity or another.
I've seen several mentions of a dead woman named Edwards in the past day or two. Didn't pay attention, and I haven't been reading a lot of news.

I gather some politician's ex-wife died, and the newsies are making a big deal of it? Pardon me if I don't become prostrate with grief right now; it's likely to be a busy weekend.

1 comment:

MamaLiberty said...

Indeed. I was talking with a stranger waiting in line at the store (short lines, but still...) and immediately she mentioned this Edwards dame and how sad it was. I told her I didn't know anything about it and didn't recognize the name. She was fairly scandalized when I still didn't know what she was talking about after she told me. (I did remember the Edwards zero impact campaign much later when I read about it on line. Big hairy yawn.)

Even in a small town like this, it can be rough to be apolitical and without TV. I've missed so much - NOT.

Oh well. There is seldom any line to wait in there anyway.