Sunday, February 13, 2011

QoD - "Stop Being On My Side" Edition

"You come into my library carrying a shotgun and acting like an asshole, I'm going to call the cops on you too." - Breda

Okay, I open carry, and not just out in the boonies.  I'm not an "activist," I don't care if anybody else does or not, but I do understand that if I'm gonna walk around in public with an open cocked-and-locked 1911 it's kind of incumbent on me, at the very least, not to be a dick.
It started when a member of Michigan Open Carry entered the Capital Area District Library's downtown branch with a shotgun. He was asked to leave and complied only after Lansing police showed up.

"Last Monday we had two armed men, possibly three, who sat down in the teen section and refused to leave even though they were told that they were in violation of our policy and trespassing," said Lance Werner, director of the Capital Area District Library. "I'm a little perplexed by the whole thing."

1 comment:

MamaLiberty said...

Hmmm, taking a shotgun to the library does strike me as being a bit excessive, but simply carrying openly should not be.

I have been carrying openly into the library here for 6 years. Nobody notices or cares particularly - beyond the occasional person who is interested in WHAT I'm carrying, not why. But we don't do "show and tell" in the library. I invite them out to the range.

We don't have any ninny "librarians" who are terrified at the sight of a perfectly ordinary tool.

What the ninnies call "flashing" and so forth might not be anything but being present and armed. I wasn't there, so I don't know. But the ninnies are not ever going to get a clue if some brave people don't expose them to the truth once in a while.