Sunday, February 27, 2011

What a gyp...

I thought the winter storm we'd been promised was going to be a complete no-show. It was supposed to roll in overnight, I woke up around 2 and the sky was completely clear. Went back to sleep an hour or so later, even the wind had stopped. Then around 6 I woke to a white-out blizzard. Didn't really dump much snow, though, and the sun was peeking out around 10. Now the snow's gone from the sunny side of the slopes and I'm waiting to see if the other shoe will fall. Weather forecast says that's all the snow we're likely to get, but ... well, they've been wrong before. Either way, now the wind's howling again like it's done for days. Pretty good day to sit inside with a good book - not that I need much encouragement for that in winter. Or summer, for that matter, but at least then I'm more likely to take walkies seriously.

No comments: