Wednesday, March 16, 2011

This is something I don't understand.

I've been seeing a lot of complaints by conservatives that the Big O isn't doing enough to save the world.
3. To ensure that the president does not focus unduly on your war, schedule it while he is preoccupied with other matters: a Motown concert, a conference on bullying, his golf game, and finalizing his Final Four picks.
Call me a contrarian, but I kinda wish Obama would play more golf and do less important stuff. I never really understood why a revolution in Libya or an earthquake in Japan was an automatic clarion call for the American president to change clothes in a phone booth and swing into action. It's been a long time since I read the constitution, so maybe it's in there somewhere and I just forgot.

George (Whiskey Rebellion) Washington is very much not my favorite historical figure, but "Beware of foreign entanglements*" is not the worst advice anybody ever uttered.


*Yes I know he didn't use those exact words, because Washington never used four words when forty would serve**. But that was the gist of it.

**In that single sense he was a lot like me. Though I also have wooden body parts.

No comments: