Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Just because what you're doing isn't illegal doesn't mean other people are gonna put up with you.

Westboro Baptist Church goes to Mississippi - and loses.
Most of the morons never made it out of their hotel parking lot. It seems that certain Rankin county pickup trucks were parked directly behind any car that had Kansas plates in the hotel parking lot and the drivers mysteriously disappeared until after the funeral was over. Police were called but their wrecker service was running behind and it was going to be a few hours before they could tow the trucks so the Kansas plated cars could get out.

A few made it to the funeral but were ushered away to be questioned about a crime they might have possibly been involved in. Turns out, after a few hours of questioning, that they were not involved and they were allowed to go on about their business.

Yeah, I know - I never have anything good to say about cops. But...heh.

H/T to Aliceaitch.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

The drivers of those trucks saved the local cops a lot of headache,and a funeral proceeded as it should,more or less uninterrupted. Those cops live in the real world..

Anonymous said...

Anyone care to wager on the possibility that the "missing drivers" were veterans ?

It could be that their "it's not illegal" shield has finally begun to fail them.
Double parking behind a legally parked car is slightly illegal or so I've been led to believe.

"Yeah, I know - I never have anything good to say about cops. But...heh."
I don't hate All Cops [I just don't trust very many of them very danged far] but every once in a great while they do actually get somewhat closer to the real meaning of "Serve and Protect".

Not that I'm not absolutely shocked that it happened mind you .... [both the "Criminal Investigation" and the illegal parking "wave"] I mean who'd have thunk it would happen just when the Westboro people showed up ?

{shrug}

stay safe,

gooch

Rachel Ailin said...

Hehehe, I think this is my happy thought for the day.

Tanker said...

Westboro Baptist meets Mississippi good 'ol boys... I like it...