Monday, May 16, 2011

News Flash: You're gonna die, I'm probably not.

I have this on very convinced authority.

Yesterday, before Landlady and M headed back to the big city, we went to the little town nearby for some restaurant lunch. There we were accosted by the owner, who basically told us we were all gonna die.

This isn't the way I'm used to being greeted by the proprietors of restaurants, so I made the mistake of asking for details. Didn't think I was gonna get lunch. It seems there's this mysterious planet that buzzes earth every 3600 years or so, bringing devastation and massive geological reshuffling. Somehow I managed to avoid ever hearing about this before, but it sounds like big trouble.

Good news, though: She said I live in a stable zone that will escape inundation or destruction by earthquakes or volcanoes. She did suggest I stock up on food.

I just told her that sounded like good advice.

5 comments:

LJH said...

Did she mention if it was scheduled to hit on the 21st?

Joe said...

At least it's not because you ate her food!!

MamaLiberty said...

Which little town is this? Food must be great if she's been doing this long and is still in business.

You do have the darndest experiences. :)

M said...

In some places, the key to staying in business is simply to be the only restaurant consistently open.

Anonymous said...

Joel has finally had a close encounter with Nibiruis Nutballus. I toy with these occasionally on u tube.
Yes, most will die. But not me. My Holy M1A casts a planet thwarting shield around me.


Buck.