Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Scheduling Conflicts? Me?

Landlady sent me an email this morning reminding me that her drywall was to be delivered today around noon. If I'd seen it earlier, it would have changed the day. I saw it right after I took a call from my neighbor J. He wanted to know if I wanted to go to [the big town about fifty miles away] for a hardware run. I always need a hardware run, plus it's a break from the desert. I'd just hung up when I saw the email.

Didn't worry about it too much, because the delivery guy has been here for a whole house worth of lumber and should remember where it is. But I called my other neighbor D, who was very likely to be first on the delivery guy's schedule. Asked him to shepherd the drywall, and if there was a problem to give the delivery guy my phone number. I hoped to be back before the delivery, but it was a pretty wan hope. D said no problem, he was indeed going to get a delivery and he'd make sure of the drywall. So I relaxed.


Lowe's is instant sensory overload to me. I could spend hours in this place, and always do spend too much money. Since I probably go here maybe three times a year, it's actually like a fairly inexpensive trip to an amusement park with way better-than-average tchotchkes.

"What do you need? Besides a miracle?"

"Gorilla tape. Lots of Gorilla tape. And some eight-inch carriage bolts."

No comments: