Friday, June 24, 2011

Oh, brother.

Hiding in the Scriptorium and waiting for the heat to fade. The boys and Click are sacked on the shelves, everybody's safe, everything's coollaid-back, and I'm aimlessly surfing the afternoon away. I should be more careful where I surf.

From somewhere or other, I came upon something called A Manifesto for Conscious Women. It's an odd thing, coming from anything that calls itself Everyday Inner Peace. It might bring you inner peace, but share it with your wife and I guarantee your outer peace is over.
* I honor you for being a gentleman. I apologize for demanding that men act like gentlemen while exempting myself from acting like a lady. I apologize for poisoning the relationship between men and women with my anger. I apologize for keeping up the pretense of being sugar and spice and everything nice while I am more often the one to initiate physical violence in dating and relationships.
It goes on at substantial length, and is guaranteed to send the most peaceable feminist looking for a meat cleaver. It's written in answer to some other guy's Manifesto for Conscious Men, which is just ... oh, god...
I come to you today as a man committed to becoming more conscious in every way. I feel deep love, great respect and a growing sense of worship for the gifts of the feminine. I also feel deep sorrow about the destructive actions of the unconscious masculine in the past and present. I want to apologize to you and make amends for those actions, in order to bring forth a new era of co-creation with you.

I'd like to offer my own suggestion for the furtherance of these folks' inner peace, courtesy of that great moral philosopher, Don Henley.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I clicked the mens feminization script......if you can call someone who would adhere to that anything like a man....and promptly puked.
My wife read it.....and promptly puked. Seems she likes being around men who act like , well, men.

The cat puked and the dog snarled even though he's been nutted he's still more masculine than the simpering, fawning creeps that typed that gak up.

The wife says touchy feeling wimps like that are a major turn off.

Buck.

LJH said...

Ahhh, I love me some HFO action and 'Get Over It' is one of my favorites from that album - that's a manifesto I can agree with. Too bad they don't do it live any more.

(Co-written by Glenn Frey BTW.)