Sunday, July 3, 2011

The apocalypse may be televised after all.

M is setting up his solar power system this weekend (pix to follow below) and I've been going over to help him with the bits that need two sets of hands.

Along the way he showed me some of the old tools he inherited from his grandfather. Many of these are familiar to me, because...um...well, I saw them in a museum someplace.

"Somewhere around here I've got his old chest drill," he enthused.

"Ah. Good. After the apocalypse we'll need that." I looked at M's new solar panel rack, with its six gleaming panels. "BWAAAAHAHAHA!! No we won't!"

ETA: M'll probably be doing his own piece on the system installation at TIS (M's a good friend of Ian), so I won't say anything about it here. But here are some pix of the expensive bits...



No comments: