Monday, July 11, 2011

Forget the Lair - I shoulda built an ark!

It's been raining without pause for two hours, and shows no sign of slacking off.  I thought it rained a lot yesterday afternoon, but that was just a little drizz compared to this.  Most monsoon rains are just squalls, but this time the clouds came overhead and just stopped.  The boys and I have been hiding in the barn waiting for it to stop, but it looks like they're just gonna have to get wet.  If this rain extends very far east of here it'll fill up the canyons, and then I'm gonna have to disappoint GC guy in the morning because it'll cause the year's first flash flood and we'll be stuck here a little while.

But my only real concern is the gully behind the Lair.  If it floods and empties into my (not yet completely backfilled) septic trench, it's gonna undo a lot of work.  Bother - I just got that toilet working.

2 comments:

Matt said...

Gotta love Monsoon season!

Mayberry said...

Send somma that down this way!