Sunday, July 17, 2011

I naturally assumed it was a parody.

As a parody, it's pretty funny. If offered with serious intent, it's possibly the most stupid and insulting thing I've ever seen.

Since a government agency is involved, it would have been safer to go with stupid and insulting.

Click for embiggenment.

I can't believe this won't come down off facebook before the end of the weekend, so here's another link.

As far as I can tell, the Navy was serious when it posted this, er, poster. I know nothing of the person behind tumblinfeminist, the blog that started this, but am prepared to believe that she actually meant it seriously. So lemme 'splain something to the Navy and to the person who dreamed up the poster. A man prone to sexually assaulting other people will find this poster amusing - but unlikely to affect his behavior. All other men - and do I really need to say it's the vast majority? - are likely to be deeply offended. If you can convince them you're being serious. I've followed this particular rabbit hole down as far as it apparently goes, and the woman responsible seems devoid of any sense of humor (not to mention being utterly obsessed) on this subject. So yeah - offended. I won't be buying a whistle any time soon.

This is just stupid.

Seriously.

ETA: I just learned the definition of the word (if it is a word) "cisgendered". It seems I'm a "cisgendered privileged male." So just go ahead and disregard everything I said above, because other synonyms are bigot, racist, and homophobe. Also, as far as I can tell, rapist. Maybe I should get a whistle.

7 comments:

Brass said...

Joel, as with everything else the State does, the effort is not to actually accomplish a good thing, but to make themselves feel like they've accomplished a good thing.

Anonymous said...

I have a foolproof way to enrage a feminist:

"You're a feminist? Awwwww, isn't the cute!"

Disclaimer:
Do not and I mean really do not say this in front of or to groups of more than two Gloria Steinem, Andrea Dwarkin types lest ye get the shit stomped out of you royal. There is nothing so vicious as a proto-dyke who has just had her penis size impugned in front of other vaginowarriors of the same cult by a mere man.

Buck.

The Grey Lady said...

I'm really not enamored by the sisters of the victimhood pants seriously if telling sexual predators to not be sexual predators actually worked we would be in an alternate universe. Not saying it would be a bad place...

All my girls have serious Martial arts training, not saying it will save them every time, but we are in Canerder what else can they do to try to even the odds against a much stronger heavier aggressor?

Kevin Wilmeth said...

Okay, now I have got to be one of the very most cynical people I know, when it comes to expecting the worst of my, uh, betters. And yet I have to admit, I still really want someone to show me that this is a joke. A joke in just about the poorest of imaginable taste, even considering people of exceptional imagination. Because that would be better than this.

Tell me this would not be "prosecution's exhibit A, and in fact their entire case" if the...let's call it an 'informational poster'...was produced by a private party, and any of its associates got in the slightest bit of trouble with the ladies.

Go on, tell me. I double-dog-dare ya.

Anonymous said...

You can't have sex with someone who is asleep!!! Damn!

MamaLiberty said...

Is this like entropy or something... anything stupid will progress to the most extreme stupidity possible just before it explodes?

I've been praying the feminazis would explode - spontaneous combustion would be nice - for a long, long time.

Trust me... most women have better things to do with their lives.

And, oh yeah... I shot the only man who ever tried to assault me. That actually works just fine. :)

Joel said...

8^) And the memory of that story puts a smile on my face every time I think about it, ML. That - and not these gratuitous insults - is the way to do it.