Monday, July 25, 2011

Rainy Dayz

I had a phone call from GC Guy yesterday evening, setting the whole schedule back a day. So instead of geiger counters, this became shit-shoveling day. Finished up with what looked like plenty of time in the sky, but it turned out I got home just in time to avoid getting wet. Let the boys out of Gitmo and they both vanished up the driveway to harass the jackrabbits for a while. They came back after it had already started to sprinkle a bit, all happy and ready to hang out. LB has his own shelf in the scriptorium/pantry where I'll never be permitted to store anything until I get internet access at the new Lair. Ghost really prefers to stay outside unless it's too hot or actively raining.

It looks like it's gonna be thunder-boomers off and on all day, but you never know. Ghost holds me responsible and considers it bad management on my part when his happy nap is disturbed by water falling from the frickin sky, which WTF? Can't I get anything right? Water is supposed to appear in the Gitmo trough or either of two bowls, and nowhere else. This is the desert, Uncle Joel.

So it's kind of a sleepy, do-nothing afternoon with a mildly plausible excuse. Maybe with luck the wash'll run and then my excuses will improve.

No comments: