Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Really foreign conflicts...

This probably doesn't sound as silly to Canadians as it does to me, an ol' American cedar rat who just heard of it. Ethical oil/conflict oil?  What the hell is a Lush store?  I gather they don't sell booze. 

The writer goes on about it like I'm familiar with the background, which I'm not, and that always produces a piece that's pretty much incomprehensible.  What does a soap store have to do with it anyway, and why would it object to oil sands?  No answer.  It's like watching two opposing Catholic theologians go at it over some point of doctrine even God doesn't care about - you know this is vitally important to them, and in an earlier century somebody'd get burned at the stake over it, but I'm pretty sure it's not going to have much of an effect on how my day goes so I just get to watch and chuckle.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Joel....you wild eyed, liberal progressive, Ché t-shirt wearing leftist you........

http://youtu.be/GdytWbl9sh8


http://youtu.be/txrikNFX-8E

I wonder if the turd who questioned Thunders MOS would ask General Smedley Butler what his quals were.

Buck.

Anonymous said...

LOL....managed to cock up that post placement.....




Buck.

Carl-Bear said...

There are some things m/a/n/ w/a/s/ n/o/t/ m/e/a/n/t/ we probably don't want to know. I mean...

One the one hand, they seem to be pushing tar sands oil. But on the other hand, they're targeting a bodycare products company.

They want petroleum-based anal lube?