Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Grouting the Counter


Clearly need to let it set up more before I can finish cleaning it off, but I got most of the overflow off and it looks pretty good. Then I'll seal it, and put the sink in place. Once the sink is in place so I know right where to drill for the drain I can finish the plumbing.


While I was waiting for the grout to set up I pulled apart some pallets to play with the shelving. Since I don't have any one-inch lumber but I do have several stacks of old pallets, I played with the idea of using pallet wood for shelving. The distressed wood doesn't look badly out of place, but lord it's miserable to work with. I've a feeling I gonna end up investing in some lumber - when I can get someplace that has it. The one hardware store in town doesn't have any 1X8s.

2 comments:

NotClauswitz said...

Palette wood may also have bugs in it that might emerge later, or not.
I would look for siding that matches the walls?
God I hate grout...for what it does to my back and knees.

Mayberry said...

Looking really good! I've run across cedar pallets before, keep a look out for them. A little scrub and sanding would have those planks looking almost as good as your paneling.