Monday, November 7, 2011

The best thing on the innertubes today...

Courtesy of Brad McElroy.  Guess we don't have to ask his opinion of Michael Moore now.
Left's Been Good
(with thanks -- and profound apologies -- to Joe Walsh)
(original lyrics, MP3)


I bought a mansion, my waterfront home
Five million dollars, it cost me to own
I ride in limos, with bodyguards too
Other than that, I'm exactly like you

Thank God progressives like to praise all my work
I'm just raking in cash, film awards and the perks
Left's been good to me so far

I'm makin' movies, I get a tax break
A million dollars, I got from the state
It's structured so that my income is small
Got a foundation to pay for it all

Exploited workers, I'm enraged to see
Unless of course, they're working for me
So I bash mega-business, the profiteering swine
Unless of course, the profits are mine

They say I'm rich, but I need not explain
(Everybody say they lie....they lie)
I might be phony, but I still feel your pain
Left's been good to me so far

I fly to protests, first class all the way
Stand with the poor folks, and say they're okay
Then off to a signing, for my brand new book
It's still more all about me, buy it and look

The one percent is mostly poorer than I
(Everybody say I'm rich...he's rich)
My stuff keeps selling, guess I'll never know why
Left's been good to me so far
Go there for the links.  Lots of links.

And in case you whipper-snappers don't know the tune...

1 comment:

Mayberry said...

I grew up on that stuff, amongst other things. Great re-write...