Monday, December 26, 2011

TSA jumps the shark!

Now confiscating cupcakes?
Rebecca Hains said the Transportation Security Administration agent at McCarran International Airport in Las Vegas took her cupcake Wednesday. According to Hains, he told her its frosting was enough like a gel to violate TSA restrictions on allowing liquids and gels onto flights to prevent them from being used as explosives.

"I just thought this was terrible logic," Hains said Friday.
Ya think?

Hey, republicans! Democrats! You out there listening? Because I'm about to break what amounts to a lifetime vow, right here on TUAK, right now, but I need your help. Ready?

I, Joel, the management and staff of TUAK, do hereby promise to register to vote and then vote for the presidential candidate, regardless of party, who first makes a campaign issue of TSA and promises to abolish the agency as his/her first presidential act. Yes, I know he'll be lying. I don't even care. I just want to see somebody do that much, once before I die.

Yeah, not holding my breath.

Cupcakes.

2 comments:

Carl-Bear said...

"Jumping the shark" was when the TSA instituted tougher pre-teen groping for domestic flights in response to reported possible explosives in printers on foreign-origin cargo flights.

TSO's stealing snacks and other goodies is just officially-sanctioned business as usual. The expanded VIPR stops should get... very interesting.

Joel said...

Great minds think alike, C-B. I was just wondering the other day what was going on with the VIPR thing, and then I saw the article above...