Friday, January 27, 2012

Doing my tiny bit to further the Streisand Effect...

Y'know what I hate? I hate stupid.

I've never owned a Glock. No special reason, I've just used 1911s as my main carry guns for so long that that's the way my hand curls. On those rare occasions when somebody's foolish enough to ask for recommendations on first guns, I suggest they look at Glocks. Took me a while to get over my antediluvian prejudice against "plastic guns," but they've clearly proven their chops as good defense guns and I have nothing to say against them.

And I've never read Barrett's book, and frankly couldn't care less about any kiss-and-tell about "unsavory" business deals. The law has gotten so all-encompassing that we're all criminals, one way or another. Do they produce a good gun? Will they sell it to me? Yes and yes, so next case.

I guess I'm just trying to say that I really, truly, genuinely and in every other way have no dog in this fight. But this is just stupid and despicable, and deserves comment. So here's my comment:

7 comments:

MamaLiberty said...

Hmmm, can't shoot a Glock anyway. :) But I do love the Springfield XD guns.

As you said... I don't look a gift horse in the mouth. If it shoots reliably and doesn't break all the time, I'm good.

There are evidently some dipshits at the Glock company. Might need to remind them of what happened to S&W for a while...

Brass said...

A private company convincing another private organization is not a violation of the First Amendment.

Joel said...

True. Who said it was?

A private company convincing another private organization to shut somebody else up is stupid and despicable, but it's not a violation of the first amendment.

Brass said...

Joel, the article did. (I realize after I submitted the comment that I should have given a bit of context.) He said, "Talk about disrespect for First Amendment free speech rights!"

Brass said...

I agree that their actions as described, (though I don't know if we're getting 100% of the story, considering the source,) is indeed stupid and despicable.

Brass said...

I would also like to add: where the hell have my grammar and sentence structure been for the past few months? Did you steal my Precious?

Joel said...

And you're quite right, and the writer is wrong. (There's a clever word play in there somewhere, so be at peace concerning your grammatical skills.)