Monday, February 20, 2012

Hey, I take my celebrations where I can find them.

The weather forecast promised thick clouds and snow for today. So naturally it's gorgeous: No smallest cloud in the sky, mild weather, not a breath of wind.

Good thing, too. I needed to collect wood.

Having done that, it was time to play. I'm celebrating today, because I finished a gig that finally allows me to pay off M for the case of AK ammo he picked up for me, for which I was subsequently unable to pay. Which meant I could only go and sadly look at it from time to time.

Well, I don't actually have the money yet, so I haven't opened the case. But I know it's coming, and that means I can be a little less parsimonious about popping caps. To the range, go!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

We took the crew out near Fort Irwin for a shoot all day yesterday. Quite relaxing. Unfortunately I am having issues with my Suomi drums. Had to stick with the stick mags and attempt a drum fixing later sometime when inspirations hits.
The desert is evil and needs to be shot frequently lest it rise up. I am convinced this will stop global warming.


Buck.

Carl-Bear said...

Must be working, Buck. Because global warming stopped 10-15 years ago (depending on which temperture set you look at). The world thanks you.

Gore, however, is pissed. You've not only shot up the desert, you shot the sheeite out of his carbon credits portfolio.

MamaLiberty said...

I remember shooting out there in the desert! Glad to hear you can still do that these days.

We keep working hard to keep AGW nailed down here in Wyoming, and we have LOTS of places to shoot.

Some guys had their .50 out at the range yesterday and the sound was SWEET. :)

Joel said...

Buck, your drums don't work because Sacramento doesn't allow them.

Duh.