Wednesday, February 15, 2012

I dunno how you're gonna get missiles on them if they're that small.


From the "it would be really bad if Bush had done this" department, this:
As America’s drone war begins a new surge in Pakistan, the U.S. House and Senate have both approved the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) Reauthorization Act bill, a bill which would pressure the FAA to weaken rules currently in place on domestic drone authority, and allow American skies to be filled with tens of thousands of drones.
If the new bill becomes law, up to 30,000 drones could by flying in U.S. airspace by decade’s end. The Senate passed the bill by a 75-20 margin. Civil liberties groups have spoken out on the measure, stating the new legislation offers no restrictions on drone surveillance operations by police and federal agencies and could put us on track toward a “surveillance society.”
Too late to worry about that, but there's still plenty of time to think of all the ways a guy could have fun with this. I mean, even if it were shining big bright lights in my bedroom window at omigod-thirty, I'd never do anything to a police chopper because it'd probably land on somebody who didn't offend me. But a drone? Fair game, baby!

If I were a ham, I'd already be looking at frequencies and thinking directional jammer. But I'm not: I'm a shooter, and the only thing that comes to mind is...

PULL!

1 comment:

Mayberry said...

You took the word right out of my mouth: Pull!