Monday, June 11, 2012

Misery doesn't love company, it demands it.

Note to self: Stop readying the comments on stories like this. You know they only make you crazy.

Okay. So there's this lady. She was a singer in a band I never heard of, and she made a lot of money, and then (pure conjecture) she went nuts.
Hill said she withdrew to heal and grow away from the forces that had oppressed and manipulated her in the past. She didn't name any names.

"It was critically important that I find a suitable pathway within which to exist, without being distorted or economically strong-armed," she wrote. "Failure to create a non toxic, non exploitative environment was not an option."
I've got no problem with that. Don't know what she's talking about, don't care. Drop out, go underground - who the hell am I to criticize, right?

Of course the IRS did not agree.
...federal prosecutors in New Jersey charged Hill, 37, with three counts of "knowingly and willfully fail(ing) to make an income tax return to the IRS,"...
And all this time I thought that was voluntary. Well, never mind.

Just another day in the land of the free. I should have closed the tab. Instead, I scrolled down.
What a crock of ####, PAY YOUR TAXES

"...she didn't cheat on her taxes; she went underground..." -- how stupid can you be? There is no difference in the above statement...underground is just another way of saying you cheated on paying your taxes...who doesn't know this?

Cheating is cheating, underground or above.

Throw her in jail.

It does not matter WHERE she lived, if she is a US Citizen, she is REQUIRED to file annual tax forms reporting ALL of her income." She will probably try to say that, like Wesley Snipes, she was "misled" to believe otherwise. Sorry,do not buy it. She owes,
It goes on like this at some length. The only dissenting voice was somebody who claimed she shouldn't "owe" taxes because, as a black person, she should be getting paid by the taxpayers.

I occasionally wonder why voters don't do something about the scam they've bought into. It takes moments like this to understand that they have exactly the rulers they deserve.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I live and work around people like this they think its there duty to give the gubment there money and are agast that I would even talk of cheating the masters O how would we fix the roads and teach the children just make me sick

Anonymous said...

I don't like paying taxes but I pay them. I really don't like it when other people don't pay their taxes because it increases my taxes. I have served on a few juries and I can assure you I will not let tax cheats walk. Sure, change the system but don't break the law and stick me with the bill. Pay your taxes or go to jail.