Wednesday, January 14, 2009

"You Big Baby!"

Magnus has a habit I really wish he'd lose. Not likely.

There are two couches in the lair, and one of them is my bed. Fritz and Magnus just barely share the other between them. Every evening before I can retire I have to sort out the big argument and arrange things so they can both fit, otherwise nobody sleeps. Magnus is an old fart; I suppose his joints get to hurting him and at some point during the night he has to get up and stretch. As soon as he does, Fritz spreads out and takes his half out of the middle. When Magnus tries to go back to bed...he can't.

Clearly, in Magnus' mind, this is a job for Uncle Joel. UJ, alas, is sawing logs. Well, too bad for him. So at some point, at least once during the night, I can expect a head the size of a medium dog to invade my space, whining piteously. And nobody sleeps again till I get up and rearrange dogs.

The captain, they say, is on watch 24/7. :-(

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You're a good man Uncle Joel!
coloradohermit