Tuesday, March 31, 2009

A death in the family, probably.

I'm afraid it's time to admit that Butch the cat has left the building, in all likelihood permanently.

I was warned, when I first mentioned to friends the thought of getting a pet cat, that I shouldn't grow too attached. Cats are only about halfway up the food chain here, and tend to end as food themselves. Since it's virtually impossible that the li'l fellow found a better place to live, I'm afraid the fact that he's been gone for over four days now makes it official.

It has been suggested - mostly jokingly - that Click took out a contract on him with the local coyotes. She's not talking, but she did seem to know immediately that he was gone and not coming back. I told her she could at least have the decency to lay off the happy-dance.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh NOOOOO...

I know, law of the jungle/desert and all that.

But he was your little kitty buddy...

Virtual hugs to both of you. And tell that little bitch Click to stop Cheshire grinning.

--Lightning

Anonymous said...

I'm going through the archives, to see what led to the present incarnation, and enjoying it (mostly). Hope Butch came home. I'm sure I'll find out.
My big-headed tom was gone for 9 days once. I gave up on him at about day 7, & was overjoyed when he showed up. He's sleeping next to my laptop as I type this, months later.
--Tennessee Budd