Sunday, March 22, 2009

Magnus is fine

I had this great post planned which would have transformed your entire life in marvelous and transcendent ways, but the day got weird and busy in other directions today so I didn't write it. Sorry. I'll leave Sunday to mentioning that Magnus is fine. It looks like yesterday was just the worst old-dog day I'd seen him have. He didn't move overnight for damned near 14 hours (I mean he didn't move - I kept checking to see if he was still breathing) but for most of today he's been pretty much back to normal.

5 comments:

PintofStout said...

Glad to hear it!

Anonymous said...

Give him a scratch for me.
Zookeeper

CaptGooch said...

Some of us "more experienced" types just need a little extra sleep time now and again.

Good to hear he is back to Magnus normal.

Anonymous said...

When ya get old, dog or people, you don't get back to normal in a day. Dogs are tough to read cuz they can stand so much more without showing their pain much. I would not take him on walks or long walks just for awhile. Them old joints take time and arthritis hurts like the dickens.. I think he was trying to tell you that day that he was in pain. Dogs being loyal and all, if the owners want to go for a walk they will forget their pain for the time being just to be with their favorite person.
Give him a pet and an extra snacky for me.
didi

Joel said...

Yeah, I've felt bad about that long Saturday walk ever since; I should have read the situation better than I did. We've laid off since then, and he's obviously feeling much better but it was wrong of me to have taken him into the boonies when he was so obviously suffering.

He's still having some restless nights. I've continued with the glucosamine and aspirin, but I fear he might be getting past the point where that's enough for him.