Tuesday, September 15, 2009

I've had this song stuck in my head for DAYS...

...and I was singing a mangled version of it to myself, back when a bunch of us were working on M's foundation, and the Landlady laughed at me and said, "You singing Slim Whitman songs over there? Trying to keep the Martian marauders away?"

Oh, shit no. This is what Slim Whitman would have wanted to sound like, if he could sing. (Though "I Remember You" was haunting when I was a kid, before he descended into self-parody - "When my life is through/And the angels ask me to recall/The thrill of them all/Then I will tell them I remember you") But I digress.

Naw, "Lovesick Blues" is just a fun Hank Williams song, though he didn't write it:

The version I'm familiar with is a Don McClean cover from the '70's (of course) but I can't find a copy of it on the tubz. I've no idea whatever why it keeps looping over and over in my head - maybe I should go listen to some Led Zep for a while.

No comments: