Tuesday, January 19, 2010

The Song in my Head...

W and I spent most of the day traveling today, and he practically begged me not to blog about today's Song In My Head because...well...

Introducing the white, white sound of the Seekers, circa 1968!


I don't know why this happens. I wake up with a melody in my head, often something I couldn't possibly have been thinking of because there's just no context. I didn't remember the title, or any of the words, or anything. Just this thing rattling around from my childhood. It's really frustrating. If I'm having weird, Seeker-related dreams, I wish I'd at least have the decency to remember what the hell they are.

On a more enigmatic tone, my YouTube crawling reminded me of a one-hit folk combo from the same period that recorded a song I never understood though it resonated with me at that age. Er...also, that smile at the very end definitely factored in my dreams at the time.

1 comment:

wrm said...

Aaah, a local band features. I sort of grew up on Four Jacks & a Jill...

I always saw that song as early protest... when we still had an active security police and you'd get locked up for saying anything strong against the Apartheid government... or maybe that was just me, at the time :-)