Tuesday, March 2, 2010

At the risk of this turning into a gun blog...

I have a couple of questions about this article.

Why are they "patrol rifles" when "only ones" have them, but "assault rifles" when I have them? Who's more likely to assault somebody with them?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but my impression of Kampus Kops is that they're wanna-be "real" cops who couldn't make the grade but avoided a career in mall security. And these people want to give them AR15s? In a place where everyone else is forcibly disarmed? Gee, I wonder what could go wrong with that?

There's so very much to hate on in this brief article - Kevin at The Smallest Minority does it ever so much better - but my personal favorite is this:
"Although statewide appeals for financial support always exceed resources, we place the highest priority on personal safety of our law enforcement officers," Thomas L. Preston, KOHS executive director, said.
See, there's not a single word in the whole piece about student safety.

1 comment:

Kevin said...

Good catch. Quoted and linked.