Thursday, April 8, 2010

:^0 Yeah! Me too!

I'm Gobsmacked - in a GOOD Way

Amazing.

Arizona's House of Representatives voted today, 36-19, to allow permitless "Vermont" concealed carry. The Senate passed the bill on March 29, 20-10. Jan Brewer, our Republican governor who took office when Janet Napolitano was elevated to her seat as Secretary of Homeland Security, is running for election to that seat, and running hard.

I think she'll sign it.

I'm shocked. Arizona will probably become the third "Vermont Carry" state in the nation at the end of July.

Very cool.
The site I've been monitoring
for news on this doesn't carry it as of this writing. And the final vote has been hanging fire for almost two weeks. But Kevin at The Smallest Minority says it's so. He doesn't post a link, so I haven't been able to confirm, but it's amazing news if true. The Arizona governor signed the other two pro-gunowner bills without delay, so there seems no reason not to expect her to sign this, the big one. Congratulations, Arizonans! I may have to visit, just so I can walk around with a concealed handgun and not worry about getting busted. That'd be fun; I don't do permits.

UPDATE: Seems to be true.

1 comment:

MamaLiberty said...

Before you get too excited about this, do an actual comparison between Vermont and Arizona. Yes, it's better than it was in Arizona, but the prohibited places and rigamarole "rules" that still limit carry of any kind means there is still work to be done.

Not that Vermont is perfect, of course.