Thursday, April 15, 2010

Half done now.




We've had several nights with no freeze. I got the steel bent and tied, and the concrete poured for the first bond beam layer on the retaining wall for the Landlady's Casa Del Prada. I got a late start, but I'm well on schedule to finish the wall before the house-raising party. Three courses down, three to go.

Also, the window guys came back today and installed the windows for M's dome. It still doesn't have a working door, but it does have a lovely set of windows. Hope to get pictures of that tomorrow.

Geez, I'm the only one here full-time and the only one not making progress on his house. Guess I'd better get cracking.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Joel, you've made it look far too easy!! That's a shitload of work you've done there and anyone who's built a house will agree. Not just anybody would have the determination and fitness you seem to have. Wannabe gulchers think they'll just cut down some trees, stack them and be done. Ha!