Saturday, October 2, 2010

Okay, here's the story...

The Grey Lady has been a friend of the blog since...well, pretty much as long as there's been a blog. And a generous one! When the Official Blog Camera died, she sent a new one - just in time for LB's puppy pix, which is pretty much the only purpose I put it to for a while. Last winter she and her family sent me a care package with all sorts of winter goodies, including some cool hunting gloves/mittens I'll probably use the rest of my life. Count on Canadians to know how to make warm gloves.

Anyway, a generous and valued friend. One of the few who has my direct email addy. When I made the "hiatus" announcement yesterday morning, I went off to do my chores and came back to an email from GL containing a detailed and intricate plan for getting my connection back on its financial knees, and she wasn't taking no for an answer - not that I said no. But the account isn't in my name, of course, and since I not only have no bank account but also don't even have regular access to town, just sending me money wasn't really gonna be much of a help. I don't actually use much money. I put her in touch with Landlady, having first gotten L's permission, and they worked it out between them. Landlady likes the blog too, has been supporting it right along, and pulled the plug only reluctantly. But she's got her own problems right now and could just no longer pay for it. Between them they found their way around the legal issues - you can't just send money from one country to another, you know, because we must sacrifice a little convenience for a lot of security - but they're both a lot more capable in that regard than I am. And by mid-afternoon, GL sent me an email saying the deed was done and TUAK was back in business through the winter, by which time I'll have made other arrangements.

So that's the story of TUAK's near-death and sudden recovery, and my most heartfelt thanks to all involved!

2 comments:

The Grey Lady said...

You are very welcome Joel, of course you know our motivation was very selfish indeed. We dreaded the thought of a long cold winter and the "children's worry" .......... :O)

MamaLiberty said...

YAY!!! I'm so glad. Thank you so much Grey Lady. :)