Thursday, October 27, 2011

Holy eulogistic metaphor, Batman!

Substitute "freedom" for "the Cubs," and this is pretty much the way I hope to go out. Celebrants will need to fill in the details for themselves.



and then one thing led to another
and soon I'd discovered alcohol, gambling, dope, football, hockey, lacrosse, tennis
But what do you expect,
When you raise up a young boys hopes
And then just crush 'em like so many paper beer cups.

Year after year after year
after year, after year, after year, after year, after year
'Til those hopes are just so much popcorn
for the pigeons beneath the 'EL' tracks to eat.
He said "You know I'll never see Wrigley Field, anymore before my eternal rest.
So if you have your pencils and your score cards ready,
and I'll read you my last request."

No comments: