Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Meanwhile, on the planet PETA,...

PETA lawsuit contends Seaworld keeps whales in slavery

No, seriously. Stop laughing!
Norfolk-based People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals is accusing the SeaWorld parks of keeping five star-performer whales in conditions that violate the 13th Amendment ban on slavery.
...
The suit, which PETA says it will file Wednesday in U.S. District Court in San Diego, hinges on the fact that the 13th Amendment, while prohibiting slavery and involuntary servitude, does not specify that only humans can be victims.

2 comments:

Mayberry said...

And here I thought it stood for People Eating Tasty Animals! I shall burn my membership card at once : ) I would like to be the judge who laughs them out of the court room...

Anonymous said...

I'm not a great fan of keeping large animals in captivity and I am in favor of making sure that they aren't abused in any way, but get real. Turning these whales lose into the wild, who've probably never lived wild, would be about the same as turning my poodles out to freedom. I seem to recall stories of captive animals released to the wild who quickly met dismal ends.
Why don't folks with too much imagination and time on their hands do something that's actually constructive.