Sunday, November 13, 2011

Some pix from the Lair...

The last piece of furniture. Perfect fit.

I told Landlady several months ago that when the kitchen was finally in and functional, I wanted to celebrate with a decent set of silverware. Not real expensive stuff, not $50 a setting or anything like, but not bendy dollar store crap. I never got used to working with such tools. So yesterday M helped me break these in on roast chicken.

You have your idea of interior decoration, and I have mine.

Whatever its other virtues, the Lair is flammable as hell. The scrap from all that siding makes excellent tinder - I've got a big box of it. And of course it's heated with wood, which means a sizeable flame is going on inside five or six months out of the year. I really wanted a respectable fire extinguisher, and to mount it where it can be seen and reached without regard to style. Of course style isn't a matter I initially intended to consider at all, and even in the Lair's later, fancier form I abandoned it whenever suitable. So yeah - fire extinguisher. Prominent.

5 comments:

Tam said...

That's a pretty cool crib you've got there. :)

DonkeyBuster said...

You just solved my chopping block problem w/that last shot... I've got me one of those RR butt ends.

Are you in yet or is it still the incremental creep? Things are really shaping up. =^)

Overcast & hi winds up here in northern NM...

Claire said...

Looks great, Joel. And the silverware is tres cool. Interesting design. Where did it come from?

Wonder if Kent knows the excellent use to which you've put his DullHawk flag? I expect he'd be pleased.

M said...

I've got to say, folks - the photos really don't do it justice. It's a truly awesome cabin.

Mayberry said...

Looking really good Joel!