Thursday, February 2, 2012

Ayn Rand, please call your office.

One of your memes has gotten loose again.
Sen. Sheldon Whitehouse, D-Rhode Island, today introduced the legislation, formally called now the "Paying a Fair Share Act," today on the Senate floor.

"We should celebrate the success of people who are earning $1 million and more a year, but we really don't, particularly in this time of tight budgets and hard choices, need to subsidize that," Whitehouse said.
I checked my dictionary, but it must be an old edition. "Subsidize" is not defined as "fail to confiscate more than 30%."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So all I have todo to make a million a year is apply for welfare? Who knew? Here I've been busting my hump all these years and not even coming close.
I'll see y'all down at social services.





Buck.