Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Trying to Perform One Complete and Complex Thought, and Remember it...

Just something I scrawled in my notebook this morning, while waiting for the power to come up. I'll check back later and see if it's gibberish.

Whenever you meet somebody who wants to tell you about your "duty" to something you didn't specifically sign up for, be aware that you're dealing with someone who cannot be trusted. It doesn't matter if all his other viewpoints coincide exactly with yours. He is a liar and a thief, and the thing he's trying to steal is you. Do Not Trust This Man. Nobody decides what your duty is but you.

Do you want to know where my country is? My country is located an inch or two under my sternum, and it consists of myself and the people I really care about, and I could count those people on the fingers of my hands. Those are the people I would die for, maybe for reasons I wouldn't even choose to discuss with them. That's my country. America is just the place I happen to live. I don't have anything against America, the place or the people. In fact I kind of like them. But I despise every aspect of America's government. As for those who somehow equate America with its government, as though whatever the government happens to want must necessarily be what every American wants, to those people I don't have anything to say at all. That attitude is so unamerican, it's clear somebody hasn't been paying attention.

No comments: