Saturday, June 9, 2012

"...Never again to look in the face of a looter."

Wendy McElroy gives what seems to me a pretty good breakdown of the difference between "Going Galt" and "Gulching" and explains why she prefers that first thing.

Me, I'm more of a gulcher. Though the word is obviously derived from Atlas Shrugged, I believe it was coined by our very own Claire. To my amusement, it was deleted from Wikipedia in 2009 as an "Aynrandian neologism."

Good. Disappearance is good, when you're a gulcher. Of course that doesn't explain why I sit here and blog about it day after day, but you know what Emerson said about foolish consistency.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Some of us still caught behind the barbed wire read your blog to vicariously enjoy the freedom you've found, as well as the occasional comic relief :)