Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Meanwhile, in the REAL America...

I'm supposed to be working now, but instead I slunk over to David Codrea's War On Guns site and wish I hadn't. It seems yet another isolated incident has occurred...

Can somebody parse this for me? Because I'm having a little trouble with the logic here...

"If I see three or four young black men walking down the street, I have to stop them and check their names," said [Homer police chief] Mills, who is white. "I want them to be afraid every time they see the police that they might get arrested.

"We're not out there trying to abuse and harass people -- we're trying to protect the law-abiding citizens locked behind their doors in fear."

So...the only way to be safe from the cops in Homer Louisiana is to lock yourself behind your door in fear? Then they'll protect you?

And apparently it's okay to go ahead and shoot the old ones on sight. Hell, he was probably on welfare anyway, right? “If they would rather die, than they had better do so, and reduce the surplus population“, said Scrooge. Yeah, no doubt shooting them is kinder than letting them starve from being "no 'count".

Okay, damn it, now I'm in a foul mood.

No comments: