Saturday, April 17, 2010

I finally took LB's toy away...

Yes, I manipulate the boys from time to time.



Precisely how this coffee can got half a mile from home, I really can't say. It was downwind, and I'm constantly picking up windborne litter that's snagged in a tree or cactus. But a coffee can seemed a bit large, heavy and aerodynamically slippery to get blown that far. Little Bear made it worse by carrying it a bit farther away every time we encountered it during walkies, and I didn't feel like carrying it that far back. Most litter I can just stuff in a cargo pocket.

So I made a game of it. I started manipulating our walkies so that we encountered the coffee can on the way home. And each time he'd carry it toward home until he tired of having his jaws cranked that far open. Today, after maybe a week of that, it found its way into a trash can.

2 comments:

The Grey Lady said...

LB is turning into a very good looking adult dog there Joel. If I remember correctly, at least one of his parents wasn't exactly what you would call a "looker", NNTAWWT. Not that is what you got him for either. Still...

Joel said...

We've commented on that locally. His mother was practically hideous, and his father looked nothing like her, so we had no clue how he would finally end up. And he was so homely growing up. Then just about the time he hit full maturity, miracle occurred here. He's got good dimensions, a lovely prancing gait, and is actually (mostly) obedient to boot. He's not exactly Lassie in the brains department, but not stupid as dogs go. Though if you demand something he doesn't want to do, he can suddenly go glassy-eyed uncomprehending on you...