Wednesday, May 11, 2011

And ... it's morning. Is that a good thing?

Woke up preternaturally late, with actual sunlight streaming in through the one window I left unshaded. Yesterday afternoon I actually had the propane heater going because I just could not get warm, and that scared me because what I really don't want is a case of the flu, and I missed the last wave and am kinda due. I catch flu at the drop of any hat, and it lays me down for weeks. But except for the chill that wasn't what it felt like.

Not an especially nice morning - almost-cold, windy, cloudy. I made myself a nice plate of french toast, using a baguette I bought a couple of days ago but didn't get a chance to use while Landlady was here. Cautiously set foot outdoors. I feel okay, but a little unsteady and my right eye keeps going in and out of focus. Yesterday was as bad as it's gotten in a long time. I've got tools and parts and time to get a lot done on the Lair. The tractor battery is in the Jeep and needs to get installed. But I don't know if I'll accomplish anything today beyond watering the trees, which should have been done yesterday.

It's kinda synergistic in a bad way that the only time I ever saw that HBO series Deadwood was when I was sitting in with the flu, and that's what I associate it with. This weekend I downloaded the series from Landlady's legendary external hard drive and what happens? Well, not the flu. Maybe it's best I'm a bit isolated anyway because that show gets me channeling Al Swearengen, and that can't be a good thing. Though he does like knives too...

2 comments:

MamaLiberty said...

Joel, I'm wondering if you have an adequate intake of iodine. Worth looking into at any rate. :)

Look at Iosol. Best source is Wellness Resources.com Not expensive.

Heck, I'd send you some if I knew where to mail it. :)

Anonymous said...

"Heck, I'd send you some if I knew where to mail it. :)"

That's easy ML.
Joel is northwest of me [a bunch] and southwest of you. [about half a bunch]

There ya go ... glad to be helpful.

Iodine?
As in the thyroid's not producing enough or something like that ?
My Mom [may she RIP] had a thyroid problem and took the little pills daily for 50 or more years.
Sooo ... I am interested in how that works as I might wind up with something like that when I grow up. [not hardly ... !]

stay safe,

gooch